Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Reliable Asphalt Shingle Roofing Contractors
As your local asphalt roofing contractor, Detroit Roofers is dedicated to bringing the best asphalt shingle roofing to the people of the metro Detroit area. We’ll help you every step of the way, and our best contractors will do a great job. We’re sure you’ll love your new roof because we only use high-quality materials and don’t settle for anything less than the best.
Asphalt shingle roofing is the most common and least expensive roofing material. This makes them a great choice for a strong, reliable roof. But you might not know that there are different kinds of asphalt roofing to choose from. This means you will have to make more decisions, like which asphalt roofing company to hire and what color shingles to get for your home.
Call us today to set up a free estimate with one of our expert roofers to know more about our asphalt roofing services.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
There are three kinds of asphalt shingles to choose from: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural asphalt shingles, and premium asphalt shingles.
- Three-tab Asphalt Shingles: Three-tab asphalt shingles are the most common kind. You can tell what kind they are because they have cutouts that make them look like they are made of three pieces. They are cheap, light, easy to take care of, save energy, and can last up to 20 years.
- Architecture Asphalt Shingles: They are more durable and waterproof than three-tab asphalt shingles because they are laminated with an extra asphalt layer and stuck together with asphalt sealant. They are also good for the environment and add a lot to the value of your home. They can last for up to 50 years.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: As the name suggests, these are high-end versions of asphalt shingle roofing. Even though they were made to look like expensive cedar or slate roofs, they are about ten times cheaper.
In addition to these three types, your shingles could also be made of the following:
- Fiberglass Shingles: These are made with woven fiberglass as the base, an asphalt coating, and ceramic granules on top. They are waterproof and protect against UV rays, and because they have less asphalt, they are very light and thin.
- Organic Mat-based Shingles: The base of this type of asphalt shingle roof is a layer of recycled felt paper. They will be heavier, thicker, and a little more expensive than fiberglass shingles, but they will also be more durable and flexible. The downsides are that it is less fire-resistant and more likely to warp.
Call us today and one of our skilled asphalt shingle roofing contractors will meet with you for free to help you decide which type of roof is best for your home.
Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingles
No matter what type of roof you choose, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect from each type before making a decision.
Starting with the pros, asphalt shingles are the most common type of roof, often because they are cheap. With the financing options, we offer at Detroit Roofers, it’s an easy choice for homeowners on a tight budget. A good roof doesn’t have to cost a lot of money if the roof installation was done correctly and kept up well.
It also comes in a lot of different colors, from neutrals like grey and brown to bolder colors like blue and multicolored shades. You can even get asphalt shingles that look like wood or slates, depending on how much you want to spend. It will cost more than natural wood, but it will still be more affordable.
Also, asphalt shingle roof repair isn’t too hard because you can put new shingles on top of the old ones, as long as there aren’t more than two layers underneath and the roof deck is in good shape. But, in general, a roof made of asphalt shingles can last up to 20 years.
Let’s talk about some bad things now. First, asphalt shingles are not very good for the environment. It can’t be recycled without releasing emissions that could be harmful, and it doesn’t last as long as some other types of roofing, so it creates quite a bit of waste.
Also, they don’t work well in all kinds of weather. Some types of asphalt shingles can crack and warp if they are exposed to very hot or cold temperatures or harsh weather. Depending on where you live, you could need an asphalt roof replacement sooner than you think.
Are you ready to get your new asphalt shingles roof put on? Call us today to set up a free consultation and find out for yourself why our roofing contractors are some of the best in metro Detroit and the surrounding service areas.