Ridge Vents and Roof Ventilation
Ridge Vent Installation Services
Detroit Roofers know that If your attic or house gets too hot to stand in the warmer months and it seems like your air conditioner is working too hard, the problem might be with your roof. If your roof doesn’t have ridge vents or if they are clogged, old, or broken, it can cause big problems for your home. A roof inspection can tell you if there are any problems with your ridge vents or roof ventilation system that could be affecting the temperature of your home or even your heating or cooling costs. The team at Detroit Roofers can not only do roof inspections, but they can also repair or replace your roof and ridge vents if they need it.
Did you know that ridge vents are one of the most commonly used ways to let air into the roof? Roof venting is an important part of keeping your home in good shape, and it also helps your roof last longer. Ridge vents are placed along the ridge line of your roof and let hot air and moisture out of your attic. This kind of airflow is especially important in colder climates to help stop ice dams from forming. At Detroit Roofers, we are proud to offer our customers installation and repair services for ridge vents that are of the highest quality.
Signs Your Roof Is Not Properly Ventilated
You want your residential roofing to be well protected from the outside elements, but you also want to make sure it has enough airflow. There are various signs that the ventilation system on your roof is broken, such as:
- In the summer, the attic is hot. If your roof doesn’t have enough vents, the sun’s heat will build up in your attic. You might notice that the heat has changed the color of your ceiling insulation or caused it to break down.
- The air conditioner having trouble. Ridge vents help air move out of the top level of your home, which helps keep it cool when it’s hot outside. If your ridge vents aren’t set up right, your air conditioner may have trouble doing its job.
- Ice dams on roofs. Ice dams happen when ice builds up along the edges of roofs, usually because there isn’t enough airflow. This can cause roof leaks and other problems with moisture in your home.
- Your ceiling or walls have water stains. If you see water stains on your ceiling or walls, it could mean that your home is too hot in the summer or that ice dams have caused a leak or moisture problem.
Benefits of Roof Vents and Ventilation
As you know, it can get very hot in Michigan very quickly in the summer. When the heat from your roof gets trapped in your attic, it can make your house feel like an oven. Even if you have the best air conditioning, this can make you and your family feel very uncomfortable. The best way to make your home more comfortable when it’s hot outside is to have the right vents and ventilation system put in. A plus is that keeping your vents in good shape gives you more than just a comfortable temperature inside. Other great advantages are:
- An increase in how well energy is used
- Your AC will have to work less hard.
- Getting more years out of the shingles you already have on your roof
- Keeping your insulation in place
- Keeping water from getting stuck
Detroit Roofers Offers Ridge Vents and Roof Ventilation
The team at Detroit Roofers can check to see if your home has the right ridge venting for its ventilation needs. We offer full replacement and repair services to make sure that your roof will always work well, no matter what the weather is like outside. Our technicians are licensed and insured, and they have enough experience to make sure that every job is done well. If you want to make sure that your roof and its ventilation systems are working well, give us a call today to set up a free inspection.
Why Choose Us
The Best Roof Ventilation Installation Contractors
When You're Searching for "Ridge Vent Installation Near Me" Detroit Roofers is There!
Our service area has expanded. When you’re looking for “roof vent repair near me“, you can find our Detroit Roofers roofing contractors serving customers all over the metro Detroit area. You can find us in Wayne County, Macomb County, and even Oakland County!
Counties We Serve
We serve multiple cities in these counties. Click to find your city and call the office closest to your location.