Roofing Boston-Edison Detroit

The Boston–Edison Historic District is a historic neighborhood in the middle of Detroit, Michigan. It is made up of more than 900 homes built on four east-west streets: West Boston Boulevard, Chicago Boulevard, Longfellow Avenue, and Edison Avenue. These streets run from Woodward Avenue in the east to Linwood Avenue in the west. It is one of the biggest historic residential districts in the United States. It is surrounded by the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament to the east, the Arden Park-East Boston Historic District to the west, and the Atkinson Avenue Historic District to the south. The district was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and named a Michigan State Historic Site in 1973.

The Historic Boston–Edison Association, which was started in 1921, is the oldest neighborhood group that has been going strong in the city. It is in the District. The Michigan State Historic Preservation Office in 1973, the Detroit Historic District Commission in 1974, and the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 all said that the District was a historic area.

Census data from 2000 show that both Black and White people live in the Boston–Edison area. People from many different backgrounds and jobs own the homes.

In 1905, people moved into the first homes built in the Boston–Edison Historic District. Most of the homes in the district were built between 1905 and 1925. Every house in the neighborhood is different. English Tudor Revival, Roman and Greek Revival, French Provincial, Colonial Revival, Italian Renaissance, Prairie Style, and Vernacular are some of the architectural styles that are shown. The size of these homes ranges from small two-story vernaculars to huge mansions with huge yards. Even though each house is different in style, most of them are the same in size, shape, distance from the street, and whether they are made of stone, brick, or wood. This makes for a nice atmosphere in the suburbs.