Roofing Indian Village Detroit

Indian Village is a wealthy, historic neighborhood on the east side of Detroit. It is bordered to the north and south by Mack Avenue and East Jefferson Avenue, and the streets Burns, Iroquois, and Seminole run through it. In 1972, the National Register of Historic Places put the area on its list.

Several important homes in terms of architecture were built in the area in the early 20th century. Some of the houses have been fixed up a lot, and many of the others are in good shape. West Village, which is next to Indian Village to the west, has more historic homes, townhouses, and apartments.

Many of the homes were built for important people in the area, like Edsel Ford, by well-known architects like Albert Kahn, Louis Kamper, and William B. Stratton. Some homes are more than 12,000 square feet in size. Some of the carriage houses are bigger than the average suburban home. A lot of Pewabic Pottery tiles are also in some of the homes.

The Indian Village Association, Men’s Garden Club, and Women’s Garden Club are all very active groups in Indian Village. The neighborhood has an annual Home & Garden Tour on the first Saturday in June, neighborhood yard sales in September, a holiday home tour in December, and many other community events. The neighborhood has a lot of historic homes, like the one at 1052 Seminole St. that was owned by Henry Leland, who started Lincoln and Cadillac.

The public schools in the area are run by Detroit Public Schools.

Residents go to Nichols Elementary School, Marcus Garvey African Centered Academy K-8 for middle school, and Southeastern High School for high school. In the past, Indian Village was served by Butzel Middle School.

The Benjamin E. Mays Male Academy, the Detroit Waldorf School, and the Detroit Friends School are all private schools that serve Indian Village. The K–5 Iroquois Campus in Indian Village used to be run by Cornerstone Schools.